Wednesday, November 2, 2011

UDS-P - Day 2 and 3

So much has been happening that I really haven't had time to keep up with events, blog, and maintain other requirements in a timely manner, so I'm going to combine day 2 and 3 into a single post.

Day two was a pretty incredible day.  I was still adjusting to what a UDS is but starting to find my stride.  Again, the excitement and feeling of purpose is palpable.  It's a tangible manifestation that becomes another participating occupant in the room.

It is an understatement to say that exciting things are happening.

On Tuesday I began to find myself participating more in the sessions.  I'm not sure if it was because I found my rhythm, became more confident about my standing at UDS, or I was more passionate about these particular sessions.  Either way it felt good to have an impact and hopefully make an appreciable difference.

It didn't hurt that Tuesday morning started out by shaking hands with a millionaire astronaut either.  That doesn't happen very often for me ;)

This morning started out rewarding as well.  I ended up seated with a couple of the guys from Novacut and discussed audio settings in Ubuntu and Ubuntu Studio as they were concerned about proper audio support.  I really enjoyed that face to face interaction and collaboration.  It would be cool to keep that interaction and collaboration continuing.

I led the -lowlatency blueprint session this morning and I felt it went well.  Amazing, actually.  Several kernel guys showed up and really helped develop a proper action plan and will even help test the kernel.  Andy and Steve's support blew me away.  Others showed up as well and have expressed interest in helping not only with the kernel but also with Ubuntu Studio!  Brilliant!

I have met so many people over the past three days that I found it necessary to start logging the names, brief descriptions of the context, and any follow that I need to do.  So many contacts are being made with so many opportunities to make Ubuntu Studio better.  Capital!

Now that I've knocked out a couple of blog posts it's back to the session and after dinner I need to work on organizing some of those amazing things I'm supposed to be doing with Ubuntu Studio.

No comments: